Self Endeavor (Chapter 3. Unseen Boundaries)
In our attempt to bring some understanding to the hindering elements within the body of Christ, it is first necessary to give a clear picture of the social environment that warranted its invitation. We too often look upon situations in the world around us and make a conscious choice to not see what is obvious to us. This in itself can be considered the key element for not only our personal lack of spiritual growth; but can in too many cases be attributed to the lack of growth of people around us who trust our guidance. I can honestly say that virtually EVERY Christian has or still does have something in the word of God that is obvious to them, but they do not even consider its validity. I would like to clarify this fact by taking a brief look at the book of Jude. The most important thing in any growth process, is understanding the proper process for advancement. Regardless of what you venture forward to understand, there was always someone who went before you, and predecessors have always been known to paint a picture of the possible errors to be encountered. The following scriptures from the book of Jude offer a monumental warning about the very house of God in its latter days. I don’t want to get too deep into the single chapter of Jude at this point since it will be elaborated on in later chapters, but I will use a portion of it to help explain the warning of how the structure of the fellowship would become; and through this I hope that you’ll have a better ability to see the divisions that will be graphically depicted in this chapter.
17. But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles
of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18. How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should
walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the
21. Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus
Christ unto eternal life.
22. And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23. And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment
spotted by the flesh.
These few verses give a definite existence of 2 groups among us. But I can honestly tell you that continued mobility in the direction of the self-endeavored group brings manifestation of even another. But in His omnipotent mercy, God has devised lines of division between the levels of growth; in such a manner that it will allow not only the greater to grow, but the lesser as well.
These are the Boundary lines with-in the spirit. Before giving a concise description of each group, let me present an overview.
A Boundary is something (as a line, point, or plane) that indicates or fixes a limit or extent. We would like to believe that the only boundary known to Christianity today is the one that is drawn between them that are within, and them that are without. But the reality of it all is that the greatest boundaries exist in the very midst of them that gather to worship God. An invisible line drawn between those who truly come by the endeavors of the spirit, and those who come to fulfill not only the satisfaction of their leaders, but their own fleshly desires as well (Jude 1:19).
Within the church today is a layout that can easily be described with the structure of a cells nucleus.
The Nucleolus can be seen as the Innermost Fellowship, the very heart of the gathering; the lifeline which connects us to the promises of God. A spiritual Holy of Holy’s. Here we find the spirit led lives and commitment of them that truly know what it means to be Son’s of God. Within this group is the power to initiate everything that is necessary for us to be evidence of the Glory of God among men. From with-in this circle radiates a perfect desire to know, walk in, and fulfill the will of the Father. These are they that have no moment of speculation when they are faced with the option of hearing God or obeying man. This is where you can find the latter day soldier of the cross, those who not only speak of faith but whose lives are poured out to the extent of self sacrifice.
Getting back to our diagram, the Nucleoplasm, or Chromatin is a fluid area surrounding the
inner fellowship as water surrounds an island. This is where you find the Secondary Fellowship.
Essentially, this group is off the beach, out just far enough in the water that their toes barely touch the sand beneath. It’s so easy to move about on dry land, but once in the water, not only is your mobility hindered, but you loose the ability to elevate above the height of the water. Developing a sense of complacency with-in these zone can cause you to remain on the same level indefinitely. Not only un-elevated but subject to be tossed to and froe with the waves of every doctrine and carnal understanding that may come your way.
These are those that know beyond the shadow of a doubt, that there is a great move of the spirit with-in their grasp, but they are only prepared to watch from the beach as others venture onto the island in search of the revelation of God’s directive for today. Afraid to hear God for themselves, they continue to lack the power of a personal relationship with the Father; satisfied just to be a part of something, when God has commissioned them to be the start of something greater. Many of them with-in this group fall prey to the elements of II Timothy 3:1-7.
The Nuclear Envelope serves as a dividing wall between the inner fellowships and that
which remains. This is the great divide that draws a line of separation in front of them that are the Outer Gathering; the wolves in sheep’s clothing, the enemies Trojans horses, and last but not least, them that we were warned of in Jude 1:18-19. But wait, it gets even deeper. The next two components are the reason that many can stand in the midst of the Lords spirit and be blind to not only the enemies devices, but blind to the revelations of the spirit as well.
The purpose of the Inner Membrane serves to insulate and withhold the deepest of spirit
driven wisdom and knowledge of God from reaching them that would hold the very grace of our Lord and Savior in utter lasciviousness; them that are of no more than a spiritual Hobo’s intent, even to fulfilling the testament made in
They are in ways unruly, headstrong and ambitious of power, refractory and intractable
(as some render it), and such as would not bear nor submit themselves to the discipline
and necessary order of God’s church, impatient of good governing, and of sound
doctrine. And vain talkers and deceivers, conceiting themselves to be wise, but really
foolish, constantly falling into errors and mistakes, and fond of them even to the point of
boasting; studious and industrious to draw others into the same.
The Outer Membrane serves the same purpose as the inner; accept that it is a reverse effect.
Just as the veil in the temple, it keeps out all that would come into His presence with ulterior
motive and intent. So how is it that those of the outer gathering can be a part of the fellowship? The pores in the nuclear envelope are the windows by which they become a part of what God is doing. Strangers not allowed in His unadulterated presence, but able to safely watch through a small hole without drawing too much attention or judgment upon themselves. Even occasionally drawing the attention of them within for the purpose of fulfilling assignments set forward by spirits of division and deceit.
Now understand one thing, you cannot associate these lines with positions and offices in the
church, Just as Christ proclaimed in Luke 13:30, many that seem to stand at the forefront, are in fact not the first; yes, many that lead this day, are in fact serving as a part of the Outer
Gathering. These are lines of division that are only seen with-in the spirit. The only thing that
you need to attempt in seeing today is where are you living, breathing, serving, and submitting within your own walk. Are you a part of them by whom the way of truth has been evil spoken of, or are you truly a Son Of God? If your personal feelings have not forced you to seek anything other than what God has to say, read on.
The Outermost Gathering
Before continuing let me be clear on one thing; it is not my intent to aid you in ability to judge another, but it is my desire that you would be able to see where you stand within the boundary lines that have been established within the modern-day fellowships. When dealing with giving a revelation of the Unseen Boundaries with-in the fellowship I felt that it was important to first deal with the Outer Gathering because we tend to be like children at a pep rally. We get all excited by the hoopla and lose sight of the elements that could cause us the game. So, by first painting a very clear picture of our failing points, hopefully we can be honest with ourselves while we’re still in a calm state. Let’s first deal with the scriptures that proclaim the presence of the elements of the outer gathering, and then we’ll see how the Lord told us to deal with them.
II Timothy 3:1, This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
When reading just this one verse, the discerning spirit would understandably see that times have been perilous since the day that Adam was cast from the garden. However, what many have failed to see is that this declaration from Timothy is not speaking of the world. As we continue with verse 2-5 we find that all of the manners of man that are mentioned have in fact been so since the beginning, but now these very things shall come into the presence of them who gather to worship.
II Timothy 3:2-5 2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3. without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4. Traitors, heady, high minded lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
We were even instructed on how to deal with people who ushered these things into our presence (from such turn away). But because so many of us value friends and family even more than obedience to God, we will sometimes tend to search out reasons to not stand in correction of the things we see in the lives of those who will not accept correction. So to escape our responsibility in the face of those things that we should not receive in our presence, we try and remove our accountability by using God’s word. “Judge not, lest ye be judge”. First of all this perspective of judgment was referring to declaration of a final outcome, such as the judging of a court case or God’s judging of man. If you had a friend of the world that was known for raping women, you would have no problem coming to the conclusion that regardless of how much you cared for them, you refused to have any dealing with them. Is this judgment or a declaration of your social responsibility in light of evident circumstances?
If you have not come to the point of understanding the difference between judging and discerning the spirits present in your environment, these verses of Timothy can remain powerless in their purpose to enlighten you to the enemy’s current activity within the body. Following along from verse 2, we have no problem acknowledging that there are those among us who are more concerned with their own issues, even to the point of being able to discern a brother’s needs, have ability to help, and be willing to offer no more than, “Trust in the Lord brother, He’ll make a way”.
They desire the fruits of another man’s labor, commitment, sacrifice, and faithfulness. All they ever offer is that which gives them room to boast of their accomplishments. Proud, blasphemous, disobedient to parents both carnal and spiritual. They have no need to be thankful for anything because they feel that all is owed to them, and therefore no need to seek holiness. When verse 3 said without natural affections, it meant so much more than the carnal mind could discern. When we throughout our daily endeavors are encountered with revelation of the afflictions in another’s life, the natural affection within our lives automatically lead us into searching our hearts on how to be deliverance for those around us. But those without natural affections cannot see need to give water to a thirsty stranger. They look into the eyes of them that ask forgiveness and offer it openly. But once they are gone from ears distance, they recant the truce in the presence of others. Even to the point of falsely accusing one and all. In-content with all that God or man can offer they are continually angry, especially against them that dare to do good. Traitors, heady, high minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Verse 5 sums it all up; SEPARATION. Separation from what? Anything and everything that gives authority to the spirit of confusion. In order for you to know, love, and desire God’s will and still walk in contrary ways, you must first be exposed to, and be accepting of the spirit of confusion. For how can a man reject that which is right unless he is first confused? Everything that proceeds from us today is manifested by spirits of authority within our lives. That is to say whatever spirits you have GIVEN authority in YOUR life. Just as an arm gets stronger each time that you lift a weight, so do spirits that are manifested with-in your presence each time that you through words or actions exercise them. But they all follow the foundational spirit of confusion; if he is revealed and denounced, then the others have no foundational basis upon which to stand in your presence. So what if it’s someone else and not you? Well if you don’t give a word of rejection in the midst of someone else’s railing accusations against a brother, then YOU have given that spirit authority to operate in your presence. It’s as bad as watching a man beat his wife to death and never saying a word. If you do not stand shamelessly against the foundational spirits of confusion that have penetrated the body of Christ, you give them full ability to function.
Where ever Christ went, He through the very same spirit by which we are victorious today, commanded that His environment be subject to the spirit of truth, rather than Him being subject to the spirits of His environment. Too often we stand in the midst of things that are clearly not acceptable in spiritual clarity, but for the sake of what we call unity, we choose to receive the element of confusion. Claiming justification by the word of God, we use it as a reason for not standing for what is right in his sight. We even refuse to denounce the spirit of ignorance (meaning the act of disregarding what is obvious to us) but instead we give power to the spirit of confusion by not revealing and denouncing it openly. My question is what is the purpose of being recipient to the revelations of the Holy Spirit, if we are more concerned with keeping face with people in our lives than we are with obedience to His spirit. Is this not a level of holding the truth in unrighteousness? We know the way, but we only initiate it in ways that will build either our social acceptance, or our carnal intension.
Romans 1:18-22 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
When I think about the outer gathering, I can only ask how much have I done to contribute to its ability to prosper. In most cases you will find that the things that you may be required to do in order to make a stand for clarity in your life, will not leave you very popular at all. But it must be done to declare a new stand in the midst of them that God has revealed to you as being of the outer gathering.
The question is what rules the depth of your heart. Why are you in the presence of the fellowship today? Maybe you just don’t do clubs anymore so you’ve found a new reason to dress up. It could be that you’re happy to do what mom and dad always did. Possibly because you just have to be a part of something. Whatever it might be remember this one thing, though many may manipulate the word of God in order to get it to where it serves their own views, the word will endure of itself with a spirit that reveals all intention of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
If our lives are not serving His purpose, then our presence in His fellowship must be serving our purpose. Therefore we are as vessels of deceit, abounding in ability to be accessed by the adversary’s intentions. I recall a period in my life where I experienced what true homelessness was. It was a daily ritual for many of the street community to meet a Salvation Army sandwich truck every evening. Some would come because they were actually hungry, but then there were those who just came to make sure that no one got something that they didn’t. It was unbelievable to see how they would continually cut back into the line just a couple people from the front, until they had collected more sandwiches than their bags could hold. Once the truck had left, they would find the sandwiches which had no appeal to them, and throw them to the birds. The others they would sell to the people who were unable to manipulate even their fair share. This is a prime example of one of the behaviors of the outer gathering, desperate to get whatever they can to exalt themselves above another.
Even the smallest of things are no longer sustenance, but now an element of oppression. Let me reiterate the fact that many of these people that we speak of are of leadership standing. Yeah I know what they told you about not speaking against your leadership, and it’s well taken advise. If your leadership is being led by the spirit of God and not their own agenda, or even worse yet, the agenda of an organization that has worked with all diligence to declare its own accomplishments as it built empires unto itself. These are no greater an abomination in the body than the lesser ones that see themselves following men into purposes that do not reflect the will of God, but are still willing to follow for the sake of plaudits or position. But let’s see what God said about the coming of these vessels of ulterior intent.
1. Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
2. Mercy unto you, and peace and love, be multiplied.
3. Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
4. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
5. I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
6. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
7. Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
8. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
9. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
10. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things t they corrupt themselves.
11. Woe unto them! For they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12. These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit yet, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13. Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
14. And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15. To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
16. These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in admiration because of advantage.
17. But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18. How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21. Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22. And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23. And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
24. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25. To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.
With-in the prophecies of this chapter are a warning of monumental proportions. And without doubt, these conditions have shown themselves. But there is very little teaching on these things. So why are many of the pastors leaving the flock in a lack of knowledge? You answer that for yourself; or even better yet, let the spirit of truth be your guide. This is the unadulterated truth of that which exists with-in the presence of our fellowships, an entity of deception that has come to be because of our lack of commitment to the truth. And the truth is that God created all things for Himself…but not all things that declare Him, serve Him.
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?
23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25. and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
So where do you find yourself? If the understanding of the Outer Gathering has been made clear, and you find yourself to be there, where will you be in the final outcome, Standing with Him, or in the midst of the 7:23 assembly?
23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.